Monday 20 May 2013

SMUDGY ANTICS and HDH MACABRE MONDAY



Welcome back for another fortnight challenge with SMUDGY ANTICS!
For this challenge we want to see more than just paper, glue and ink.
We want to see feathers or fur or a combination of the two.  We want to you guys and gals to create projects that make us want to reach through the computer screen and touch everything we see!  The more creative the better.  We love it when you guys and gals think outside of the box and make something with that extra "WOW" factor.

Of course we must address the fine print.  Although the focus of the challenge is to use FEATHERS and or FUR, you must still use a stamped image (real or digi) and you must follow the rules posted on the left sidebar of the challenge blog to be in the running for a prize.  Collage sheets may be used to enhance your project, but they do NOT count as a stamped image so make sure you use a stamp of some sort in your final piece.

I have another note book to share today..... the image is printed onto cotton, coloured with promarkers and tea stained. I've used fur (fabric) faux leather, string, beads and feathers. A few staples as i like the look of them and for added strength.
I hope you'll join us this fortnight at SMUDGY ANTICS.....you can you both FUR AND FEATHERS or just one of them. I'm looking forward to seeing what you can create.


Macabre Monday challenge is :
Emergency Embellishment
pick your favourite embellishment, and use ONLY that embellishment on your project.



I dont usually use many embellies anyway, so i wnt with just black gems on thes note cards.
I used Poe from SMEARED INK, stamped onto pink and green paper.... cut my images into 3x pieces and matted and layered with black.... rather different for me and Poe i expect..... i am trying to broaden my creativity these days.
You still have 5 days to join us in this challenge.... i really do look forward to seeing what your one and only embellie will be.

thanks for stopping by BDx


6 comments:

  1. What a great way create a notebook. Love all the different textures (cloth, fur, feathers, twine, staples, etc.) and the tea stain...so earthy to go with the rest of your elements and main image. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful..I love your creation so soft and so powerful.Beautiful image and so elegant with the raw.love it.
    hugs
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are both amazing! I love your notebook...and that is one of my favorite images...and your poe work is always amazing...stay safe my friend much love from me and the lil one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both projects are great, I love the pop art feel to the not cards.Very Warholesque x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poe is cracking me up!!!
    The note book is beautiful. Great inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your SA book is fabulous, so well done!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete